This post is for all of you that may think my blog is pretty sugary sweet. For those that think the Blissfully Happy Housewife usually ends her blog posts with happy endings and everything always comes up rosy....
This post is NOT for the faint at heart...brace yourself my friends.
A few days ago we were playing outside and I came inside to get something. When I came in Eva followed me carrying a little white worm. She was excited about her new friend, and I took some time looking at it too. I ultimately told her that our little worm friend needed to stay outside though (looking back I can NOT tell you how glad I am I did that)!
Now, I would also like to point out that I can assure you I didn't make her wash her hands after this little encounter. We were playing outside and quite honestly we always seem to find bugs and such. In my opinion, it's just all part of the fun of summer.
So Anyway, the worm went outside.
The next morning I had to take something out to the trash bin in the garage. I opened it up and stuff was dripping from the top of it. I thought, "What in the world leaked?!" and then I looked closer.
They were MAGGOTS.
Yes, you read that correctly. And they were EVERYWHERE.
I have NEVER in my life seen one maggot....let alone a whole flippin' colony of them. Naturally, I did what any girly girl like myself would do.....screamed, dropped the lid, and ran inside to take a shower. I was completely grossed out.
But the kicker was that Matt wasn't home at the time. I had to be the one to take care of those....those....those....MAGGOTS!!!! I mean seriously, is there even a worse word I could call them?! The word MAGGOTS sounds like word vomit anyway!
So I took a deep breath, put my big girl panties on, and dealt with it.
I quarentined the kiddies to one end of the yard/garage and I went to town on the area with the trash can. I sprayed....I scrubbed....I sanitized....I honestly nearly threw up more than once. Not only were there a ton of them, but in some cases they were curled all around eachother the way snakes do when they mate. It. was. Disgusting.
As I was cleaning my mind drifted back to Eva's little white worm friend. I immediately asked her where she had found her friend at. She told me the garage. Oh yes, I'm the mother that sat there and admired my daughter's little MAGGOT friend that she was holding in her hand, talking to, and playing with!!!! How disgusting is THAT??!!!!!
I still have no idea what caused them, as they were NOT there a week ago. Obviously something must have been tossed in the trash and not put in a plastic bag where somehow flies got to it. I can assure you that we are clean people....I promise.
I can also assure you that I may never eat white rice again. Ever.
8 comments:
HILARIOUS story...although, I'm certain it wasn't hilarious to you. And even without seeing it, I probably won't be eating white rice for awhile either.
I was waiting to see a pic!!!
Yes, I am glad you did not post a picture of the maggots! Those are truly disgusting. I can't handle seeing them! Or any insect, for that matter!
This is hilarious! I have so been there. One time I threw away some hamburger meat that was in my freezer too long. It thawed and trust me... flys WILL find a way to ANY raw meat and lay eggs.... I have seen the exact sight you have and I too had to wash/sanitize our trash can. GROSS!
I am just glad you did not use your new camera to take a picture! Honestly...did the thought cross your mind? I know how obsessed you are with it!
I saw them with my own eyes...However, I am so glad that you had them "Mostly taken care of" by the time I came over...You are a trooper, I can just imagine the look on your face when you were cleaning up..!?!?!
eww eww eww eww eww eww EEWWWWW! my toes are curled. Way to put the big girl panties on. I would have called my dad!
Hey, I am so proud of you!! Way to funny; and do you really think Matt would have helped? Not!!Grandma F
Post a Comment