Thursday, August 13, 2009

They're Baaaaaack....

We have enjoyed our hummingbirds again this year! Last year I posted about how I put the feeder right up by the window, unsure if the hummingbirds would be too timid to come or not.

Well, they weren't....and this year they are back again!

It amazes me how small they are and quite honestly how bold they are. One time this summer Eva had her face right up by the window watching them and a hummingbird came right up to the glass and fluttered in front of her face for a moment. It was amazing! Our little birds have most definitely become our family friends.

Another favorite of mine regarding our hummingbirds?

Jaden thinks they are ducks. Yes, you read that correctly. He consistently refers to them as ducks. He often informs me that the, "Quack Quacks are drinkin' their juice!!!"

It cracks me up every time!

Now let's talk for just a moment about my new baby (a.k.a. camera) shall we? Can I just tell you how absolutely amazed I was at the ability to up my shutter speed enough to actually STOP the wings of the hummingbird? I mean, have you ever SEEN how fast hummingbird wings move? Yes, I was impressed to say the least.

Another thing has been happening around our home since my new camera arrived....the "photobug" has hit my daughter. Eva has a Fisher Price digital camera that actually takes real images. She has carried it around with her for days, moving it around at different angles to get pictures. Informing me that she "needs to get just one more shot of this" when I seem to be rushing her in her photography endeavors. She actually sat with me for quite awhile to get the shot of the hummingbird above. She had her camera ready....and I had mine. Two little budding photographers hoping to grab a great image of a little bird in flight....I have to tell you it makes this mama beam!

And while we are on the subject of photography...

I had intended that after I got this camera I was going to upload all of my images to Photoshop and edit them before posting them to my blog. I wanted my blog to have a more "professional" look to it...even considered having it redesigned into a photography blog. Unfortunately, I am not able to upload my images to Photoshop right now. Not sure what is wrong...but don't loose any sleep over it my friends (wink-wink). I have a photography class scheduled for Monday and I'm hoping it can all be worked out then!

And guess who is joining me for the class? My little Eva. I'm sure she'll be toting along her little Fisher Price camera and soaking in some good info too! Love her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised the camera didn't capture the ants!! Grandma F