Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Special Time Approaches...

My baby girl starts preschool tomorrow. I can't believe it. We've talked about it all summer....discussed all of the fun things she is going to do....all the amazing things she is going to learn....we've talked about it all.

But I never thought it would sneak up on us this quickly.

On the outside I am as happy as a clam....I want Eva to feel my excitement and to know how special this is.

But inside I am torn up. I love having my little ones home, and this is quite honestly an end to a very special chapter of our lives. But deep in my soul I know that more beautiful chapters await us....and I know that even though my shy little Eva is hesitant about going to school she is going to love it.

The part she is most excited about? Her backpack. She picked out the color and we had in embroidered with her name. We've bought all of her school supplies and she has already loaded it all up...

We've already picked out a very special dress for the first day and it's hanging on the door of her closet ready to go. Today we had the special honor of visiting her classroom and meeting her teacher.


As I said, this is a big step (for both of us)...but I know it's going to be the start of something beautiful.

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."
--William Butler Yeats

6 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Eva~
I can't wait to hear about your day!! You will have SO much fun. I love you peanut!
Aunt Kathy

Loukia said...

She is so cute! My oldest son starts kindergarten in a few weeks, and it's very emotional for me. I think he is ready, we talk about it all the time, but he is shy, and I worry... also he's only ever been looked after by family members, so it's a big step for all of us... Good luck to you guys!

Kelli said...

What a fun time in her life! I love school supplies and get so excited each year. I'm sure you'll take some great pictures with your camera.

Anonymous said...

This is the first tug on the apron strings!! Get ready Mom, the next 13 years will fly by and you will wonder what happen!! Have my little angel call me. Grandma F

Amy said...

It's alright to cry when you get in the car tomorrow! I did...then I called my mommy and told her I was sorry for moving so many miles away from her!

Soon you'll enjoy watching her come into her own little being and making friends...it is so fun to watch! Will she start kindergarten next year?

A Vermonter in Kentucky said...

Pre-School is such a wonderful time in a child's life. They are such sponges at that age! You will be amazed at all the things that she will learn :D