Wednesday, August 26, 2009

For the love of boys.....

Our little man may be one of the easiest going little guys I know (except for when he is getting his 2 year molars - but that is a whole different story)....anyway...he's extremely laid back. Which is good, because 9 times out of 10 he is surrounded by little girls.

But that is not a bad thing.

He is man enough that he can play with Barbies and have a good time. He's even been known to sport some nailpolish, lipgloss, or some powdery fresh lotion that little girls have lavished on him. Not a problem...he's down with that.

But I've also noticed how Jaden loves trucks, and making airplanes fly, and anything to do with trains. He loves all things boy....and relishes it when he actually gets to spend time with a buddy....


Our neighbors have a little boy named Brecken that is that exact same age as Jaden. Together they have formed a pretty special friendship. Not only are they both boys, but they are also the 2 youngest children in our little corner of the neighborhood. It's safe to say they've realized pretty quickly they better stick together.

Jaden loooooves to play with Brecken...he loves doing "boy" things with Brecken....crashing trucks, playing with the dog, making a mess in the sandbox....


But what I find most endearing is that at the tender age of two both are still pretty affectionate with each other. They hug in excitement when they see eachother, and they will hold hands when they are walking down the street.


As much as I love it I am perfectly aware that the hand holding and hugging won't be around for too long....but I hope the friendship is.


"Between the innocence of babyhood and the dignity of manhood, we find a delightful creature of a BOY!"
--Unknown
The above photo is Jaden and Brecken this past week.

5 comments:

Jamie G said...

Jamie,
I can't tell you how precious this post is for me AND for Brecken. I can't help but to tear up when I see these pics and read your words of complete truth! They are two 'true' boys who genuinely love being around each other and can't help but to giggle out loud when running up or down the hill to greet each other. Unfortunelty, you are right that this "phase" will pass but for now I love knowing that we have two little men that will grow to be great friends for years to come. We are all so lucky to have each other! ;)

Kelli said...

What sweet friends!

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Very sweet... those little guys are so fun to watch together... Jeff and I always say they look like little old men!!

Anonymous said...

I love that little man (and Brecken)! He is so tender and loving. No one gives hugs like my Jaden. Grandma F

The Miller's said...

So precious! I love the picture of Jaden running behind Brecken. His smile is priceless! I can't wait to see Brooks at this age. I think he will be so much like Jaden, laid back and very affectionate!