Now on to new random information. Sometimes I find it funny how long it takes me to come up with random facts about myself...it shouldn't be so difficult! Anyhoooo...fasten your seatbelts my friends, it may be a bumpy ride...
1. I love most bugs and don't mind them crawling on me....even bees don't bother me. However, spiders and maggots are officially on my "I-won't-think-twice-before-killing-you" list.
2. One of my biggest pet peeves is when the people that create the signs outside of a business misspell things or put the letters backwards. I mean seriously....don't you stand back and look at it once you are done and notice the the the word "sale" is spelled "sail"??!!!!
3. Besides being home to raise my children, one of my favorite things about not teaching is that I can enjoy a glass of wine in public or wear a low cut shirt on a date with my husband and not worry about running into a student (or parent) and the eyebrow raising that soon followed. Ahh, the small things.
3. In our house we refer to poop as "dookie"....we just think it sounds nicer.
4. I currently have a slight infatuation with the comedian Dane Cook. I watched him one night on TV and was hooked. I know, he is a little vulgar...but I laughed so hard my stomach hurt (which is one of my very favorite things in the whole world). Now when he happens to be on and my husband asks what I am doing on that particular night my response is, "I have a date with Dane."
5. I don't like long fingernails....too much work. My nails are always clipped neat, clean, and short. On that same note, another pet peeve is dirty fingernails.....all I can say is Ewwwwww!
6. I know this one is no shocker but, during the last 6 months, I've realized just how "at home" I feel behind the lens of a camera. I have always loved photography...but never realized I would take it this far. That is the fun of life...you never know what twists and turns are around the bend and where your heart my lead you.
7. I'm often asked where I get my quotes for my blog....the answer is many different places. I have always loved quotes and have a file folder full of my favorites. I also have books of quotes I use. I use the Bible, as well as the Internet.
8. I contemplated making my blog "private" once Eva started school, but actually my husband encouraged me not to!
9. On days when the little ones are being extremely uncooperative/grouchy/needy I've been known to shut myself in my closet to have a quick phone conversation because I can't hear the person on the other end over their grumpiness. Probably not my best parenting...but it's reality.
10. I've been contemplating another giveaway....any ideas?
Thanks Courtney....I tag anyone interested in doing this!
5 comments:
Great list. I am right there with you on the dirty fingernails...gross. I saw about washing your face on your other list and I learned from my Mary Kay rep that everytime you don't wash your face at night it adds 7 days to your skin. Wow.
Love the list... I think you should give away a trip to Mexico!!
Sounds awesome Nic...are you going to finance it?!! Can I enter my own giveaway??!!!!
Love you!
Well I second the trip, whether you or Nicole pays, I'm in!! ;)
Great list J... I'm curious to know why you'd want your blog private once Eva started school??
Okay.... I will be it friend, I have been thinking about doing a random blog... I will start it tonight. Miss you! J & K Dinner out soon?...Please!!! Matt, Kevin are you up for a night with the kiddos??
Post a Comment