Sunday, August 9, 2009

Parade Fun!

I've posted before about our neighborhood "warriors"...err, I mean kids....in their little battery powered Jeeps. Our little ones, along with their friends, rule the road at a raging 2 miles per hour (if that)!!!

A little town close to us was having a kiddie parade this past weekend and we decided that the "road warriors" needed to strut their stuff in the parade! What a HOOT! The theme was "patriotic" so we decided to decorate the kiddies Jeeps in red, white, and blue. On the front we put a large sign that said, "WE ARE AMERICA'S FUTURE" and then let each of them dress up as something they would like to be when they grow up! It was so much fun to see what they decided they wanted to be. The only little glitch was convincing one little girl that she probably couldn't be Ariel from The Little Mermaid when she grows up (she later decided on Miss America). I love it!

Enjoy a few pictures....






Although we dealt with a little rain, we didn't let it stop us....and in the end the kiddies took first place! One of the parts that I loved the most was that the children could have cared less that they won! In fact, I'm not even sure they understood that they did win when their names were called.....alllllll that mattered was that they were in their Jeeps with their best buddies in the neighborhood and they were having a great time.

And in the end...that really is all that matters.