Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Letter to Eva's Teacher on the First Day....

To A Very Special Teacher,

You have her now....our daughter.

She looks a little neater than she may on other days. She normally prefers shorts to dresses, and her hair may not be done quite as perfectly. But today is different. Today is the first day of school...a special day.

My daughter has waited all summer to meet you as, I must confess, have I. For yours is a great profession charged with a great responsibility...the mind of a child. And we want to thank you, her father and I, for caring.

Although she does not recognize the fact yet, my daughter will know that you draw from your past experiences and your education for the purpose of teaching her. She has a young child's innate ability for sensing the truth, and for this reason she has great trust in you.
When she returns home this afternoon she will speak of no one but you. Because of her shyness she will go to great lengths to keep this from you, but she admires you greatly.

We, her family, will find a new place in her education. For years we have been her soul educators, but it is to you now that she will often take her questions. Opinions that her father and I have may quickly be disputed with, "But my teacher said!!"
I ask that you do not become discouraged. Do not let the thoughtlessness of some, nor the trivialities of the day deter you.

For my daughter I ask that you, by your example, keep alive her desire for knowledge. Tell her each day of God's love so that she may that that which is truly most important.

We will be continuously praying for you and your class...and we appreciate you so very much.

Sincerely,
Eva's Mommy
Note: Eva had a wonderful first day of school! We are so excited for her!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

LOVE THIS JAMIE!

Courtney said...

Too cute! So glad things went well for her. She is ADORABLE!

Stef said...

So good to hear she had a great first day. I am patiently (not really) waiting for the bus as I type this. It is so exciting!

Aunt Kathy said...

I can't wait to hear about your day Eva. Thank you for the birthday call last night also! I love you.

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Love the letter J... The pics are great too. She is such a big girl now, Aunt Toll needs her to stay little for awhile longer!

Anonymous said...

I love my special girl so much! Grandma cannot believe that she is in school now. Great letter, Jamie, you should give the teacher a copy. I can't help but wonder if there were a few tears when you typed this. As I said in my last post, the apron strings have been loosened, and the next 13 or so years will just fly by. Love to all, Grandma F

Mom of Double A said...

So precious!
You have also been on the teacher side of this and I'm sure you know how much her teacher would love to read that letter. You should share it with her, maybe you already have.

Kimberly said...

My oh My!!! She looks adorable and the letter is very heartfelt from a loving Mommy! We were thinking of Eva and Tess and I said a specail prayer for her big first day! I am so glad she loved it!!