My lesson today focused on editing my pictures. Justin has taught me to edit on both Photoshop and Lightroom...but honestly, right now I prefer Lightroom. He also explained to me that photography is art, and in editing a photo it is all in the eye of the artist. The way that he edits or alters a photo may be completely different than the way I would alter or edit it. We discussed making a photo '"pop" as he calls it, as well as giving a photo a completely different look (such as black and white or antiqued). I learned so much, was soooo completely grateful, and rushed home to put it to use. Again, I am not by any means perfect at this...but I thought I would give you an idea of what editing a photo can do to it.
Eva Unedited
Do you see the difference? Do you see how the photo no longer looks "flat" and she seems to "pop" more than in the first photo. Also, notice the little spot on Eva's face between her eye and her ear? Now look at the edited one - it's gone! I'm telling you, for some of you this may be boring stuff...but I am just soaking it in like a sponge and loving it!!! Here are a few more pics I edited just for the fun of it!!!I wanted this photo to have a "harder" look where the colors are really, really vibrant. It's much harsher than I would do on other photos...but on this one I liked it.
I wanted this photo to look aged and antiqued. I'm not completely content with this one yet...still working on getting the contrast correct, but I thought I would share it anyway! As I said, I'm still learning!
"Get over the idea that only children should spend their time in study. Be a student so long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all of your life."
--Helen Doherty
10 comments:
They looks great J!!!! The one of Eva in her bathing suit looks so good and bright!!!
They all look great. I LOVE the one of little man!
good work J!
These look great! I can't wait to start taking photography classes.
I think you've put your learning to good use!
Let us know when you need students to practice on...we'll be willing participants. :)
Yep, that's what I have learned in editing too. I love making photos pop and it's funny how you can tell a photographers choice in how to make things "pop"...does that make sense? Editing is so much fun but can be rather time consuming...especially while learning like I am.
Good pics, i really like the one of eva running in the driveway.
I don't care if the pics are dark, light, bright, B&W, or antiqued. The grandkids are the best around. Love, Grandma F
Help me friend....Teach me friend!! :)
Those are really great. You are really getting the hang of it. I love the picture with the burst of color. The sky really stands out! Keep it up.
Great pictures Jamie! Love the one of Eva in her swimsuit. That one really 'pops' as you say.
Post a Comment