We have great neighbors and every so often when we are all standing outside watching our road warriors...I mean children...play together the subject of dinner comes up. Sometimes we get dinner ideas from each other, share recipes, etc. Other times we find that not ONE of us really has an idea in mind for dinner....and that is where the beginning of our "party" begins....
As we talk we realize that one family has some brats....and another has some pasta salad....and another can round up some chips and salsa....
And then of course there are the gardens.....
Tonight we enjoyed one of these impromptu cook-outs. It's so nice to spend time together just laughing and sharing. Everyone is welcome and the more the merrier. The children play...the adults enjoy a few cold ones...and everyone makes themselves at home...
Tonight I noticed that it is starting to get dark out earlier....a few citronella candles and the pool light gave us the perfect amount of illumination! It was so fun to watch the kiddies running around in the evening light catching fireflies and curling up on lounge chairs to have bedtime stories read to them.
As I said earlier, we are so lucky to live next to such special friends. As the evening wore down I felt we were just soaking in all we could of the warm summer evening. We know our summer nights are limited and we are enjoying it to the fullest. Ahhhhhhh.......
--Franklin P. Jones
6 comments:
Beautiful pictures. Your house looks entirely different at night.
Love to all. Grandpa F
Ohhhh...I SO want to live in your neighborhood!!!!!
Love the last pic J.
Jamie, Your photos are great, I love your backyard and we enjoy it when we can be there with you! We had fun swimming last night, as always time together is great!!
Jamie,
Great blog! I love the pics and am so jealous of that awesome camera! I showed Tim the blog and when he saw the first pic he said, "Do you like my shirt?" Seriously, I'm going to burn those things soon.
We couldn't have built our home in a nicer place or surrounded ourselves with better neighbors!
Have a great week!
Kelly
What great fun! Summers...pools, friends, warm evenings, good food, ahhh!
Post a Comment