We have decided not to vaccinate Eva at this time and keep her home with us for the amount of time mandated by the school system. At this point she'll be home a little over 2 weeks.
I have to reiterate that this decision was not one I took lightly. My children's health is extremely important to me, as is their schooling. However, when I finally just listened to my heart I felt the answer was clear....and hours after making that decision I finally sat down and crashed. I was honestly just exhausted from the stress of it all.
So today was our first day of "home schooling" (note that I use this word lightly as I am working closely with Eva's teacher to get all of her assignments and responsibilities...I'm not coming up with this work on my own).
I have to admit....it went really well and I honestly enjoyed it. We started the day by snuggling in bed, then ate some breakfast, and began our "school time". Jaden loooooooved that his big sister was here, as normally it is just he and I sitting at the kitchen table working on his numbers and letters while Eva is at school!!! The only problem we had was that Eva got completely annoyed because Jaden likes to sing while he works!!! Hilarious.
Eva spent a good chunk of time working on reading, math, and writing today. Jaden worked on writing the letter "F" and finding the "F" sound in words, as well as tracing and learning the days of the week. The teacher in me enjoyed teaching them!
Right now I am sitting in the kitchen sipping peppermint tea with the fireplace on....and watching two of my favorite people in the world play out in the snow.
After days of worry, stress, and unrest about a big decision.....my heart is finally at peace.
"You should listen to your heart, and not the voices in your head."
--Matt Groening

No comments:
Post a Comment