Monday, December 26, 2011

Adventure Box....final thoughts.

The Adventure Box is now over.  For those of  you that have followed along, I would truly love to hear from you either with a comment or by email. 

In all I loved this experience.  I truly, in the depths of my soul, feel that my children have a greater understanding of why we celebrate Christmas.  I loved watching their excitement and enthusiasm!  One of my favorite moments was at our Christmas Eve church service.  Our pastor began reading from the Bible the story of Christ's birth.  He began by talking about the census.  Jaden looked at me and whispered, "I already know all about this!"

My proof was right there. 

I plan to do this every year and I honestly do not plan to change it up very much.  I may tweak a few things, and possibly add more days but in all I think that every year our conversations will grow...become deeper....and the children's understanding will become clearer.   I have friends who have done this (or a version of this) since their children have been very small and they have confirmed to me that the children do not bore of it (a concern I had). 

I hope that this helped to inspire you and you found it a helpful tool in teaching your little ones about the most important reason for the season!

Hugs and love to everyone....
Jamie

No comments: