Monday, December 19, 2011

Adventure Box: Day Five!


The kiddies were excited for today's adventure because they got to open the LARGEST gift in the box!  I love how at this point when they ask me if we can do the Adventure Box they not only grab the box, they also grab my Bible and set it with it.  Love it.

Today's Bible verse was Luke 2:5-7...

"He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child.  While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son.  She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them."

The kiddos and I talked again about WHY Joseph and Mary were in Bethlehem (the census).  We talked about where we would stay if we traveled to a different city (in a hotel, with relatives, etc).  I asked them where we would stay if we had no relatives to stay with and alllll the hotel rooms were booked.  After some thinking they came to the conclusion that we would stay in our car. 

I then asked if Mary and Joseph had that option?

Afterwards I had them open their gift for today.....the stable.

They were soooo excited to go get their Joseph and Mary to add to the stable.  We set everything up (note that at this point they only have Joseph, Mary, the stable, a donkey, an empty manger, and a palm tree that came with the Nativity).  Afterwards we looked at the stable and talked about what it would smell like....what it would sound like....what it would feel like.  What is different between that and where you were born?

Isn't it simply amazing to think our Savior was born in a stable?  They sure thought so!

No comments: