Monday, December 19, 2011
Adventure Box: Day Six!
Before even starting today's adventure I told the kiddies that today's gift is the smallest....but it's also the mightiest of all the gifts!!!
Our Bible verse today was Luke 2:6-7 (yes, a repeat of yesterday)...
"While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, as son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn."
We talked again about the same discussion we had the day before. We talked about how Joseph and Mary may have felt knowing that their baby was going to be born in a stable.
They then unwrapped their gift....the baby Jesus.
They anxiously added the baby to their Nativity. We talked again about the sights, sounds, and smells of the stable. We talked about how important baby Jesus is and that he was born in a place WE wouldn't even want to be born in!
At this point the children have many of the instrumental pieces of their Nativity, but more pieces will follow! I love watching them play with it! I also want to point out that other activities that do not have to do with the Nativity set are still tucked away in their Adventure Box!!! Many more adventures await!!
Also, it was a busy weekend and I got behind on my Adventure Box posts....please continue reading below! I love hearing from those of you that may be planning your own Adventure Boxes in the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment