Friday, December 23, 2011
Adventure Box: Day Seven!
Well, life gets busy....especially this time of year. We've had two days now where we've had to do TWO Adventure Box explorations on one day because we didn't have time to get to it on the previous day.
And this is ABSOLUTELY fine.
The whole idea of this box is NOT to cause added stress at the Holidays.....we simply just roll with it.
Today's Bible verse was Luke 2:8-20....which is a pretty long verse so I'm not going to type it out here, but it is about the shepherds that the angels appear to and how they visited the Christ Child.
Today's gift was (you can probably guess), a set of shepherds, sheep, and two angels!!
After opening the gift Eva and Jaden were pumped to add them to their Nativity. They've looooved getting parts of this Navivity piece by piece and adding to it as they recieve it. I explained to them that I was going to read the scripture again, and THIS TIME they were going to act out the scene with their newly acquired Nativity pieces. I'll be honest....I wasn't sure how this would go....but it was AWESOME to see them act it out! We talked about how the shepherds were scared when the first angel appeared to them and how they could "act out" scared (we decided they might be shaking)! It was cute to see them have the characters "walk" over to baby Jesus and how the angels were above them.
Simply adorable.
Afterwards we talked about how the shepherds were in a special position because they were some of the first people to know about baby Jesus, and therefore THEY got to tell OTHERS about HIM! We talked about a time Eva and Jaden were the first to share important news - and they quickly responded that they were the first to share the news that I was pregnant with everyone!!!!
Today was a great Adventure...and tomorrow we finish up the "Nativity" part of their Adventure Box!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment