Friday, December 23, 2011

Adventure Box: Day Nine!!

Today's adventure was one of my favorites!!  I was soooo excited to share it with the children!  Today's Bible verse was Matthew 5:14-16...

"You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Such an awesome passage....and one of my favorites!

Then it was time for the kiddos to open their gift, and when they opened it they looked COMPLETELY confused!  During this whole experience everything they have opened has been something tangible, but this gift was a little different.  They opened a certificate that simply said:

SURPRISE RIDE!
You will need:
Jammies
Blankets
Doe-Doe and Monkey

On a side note, Doe-Doe and Monkey are their two lovies that they snuggle with at night.  As I said, the kids were confused so I explained to them that after dinner that night we would be embarking on a SURPRISE RIDE!  They needed to wear their jammies and bring a blanket and their lovie with them.

Dinner came and went and the kids excitedly got their jammies on and loaded up in the car!  Their eyes about popped out of their heads when I came out carrying hot cider and cookies to munch on during our trip!  Eva giggled and said, "This is SOOOO fun!!!!" 


As we pulled out of the drive way all snuggled up, happily munching on our goodies and sipping our warm drinks I talked to them about our Bible verse again.  How Jesus is the "light of the world".  I explained to them that we were going to be driving around and looking at all the beautiful Christmas lights.  What I wanted them to notice was how warm and welcoming the houses looked that had lights up on them....and that THAT is what it is like to have Jesus in your heart!!!  As Christians we must let the light of Christ shine within us for all to see, just like the lights on the houses are for all to see!

As I said, this was one of my favorite Adventures!  I love looking at Christmas lights and it was so fun to be snuggled into the car together doing it!  On top of that, this trip really sparked a LOT of talk about Jesus and Heaven for our little ones which I thought was awesome!!!

Such a GREAT Adventure....but more await!

No comments: