Merry Christmas!
Christmas is such a magical time - one of my favorite times of the year! As I write this it is officially December 26th....while grateful, my heart is a little heavy since Christmas is over. I always get this way.
That being said, our Christmas was beautiful...full of magical moments that I'll forever store in my memories. We spent a lot of time with friends and family and are so very thankful for all the amazing people in our lives that help make our lives whole.
Christmas always brings tears to my eyes as I watch the magic unfold for my children. I loved watching them start to really learn the true meaning of giving to others this year. They literally spent HOURS coloring pictures for friends and family...and then carefully wrapping them (with TONS of tape). I loved their excitement at handing them to the recipients. I love watching my children during the candle lighting at our Christmas Eve church service....the innocence in their eyes as they become mesmerized by the glow of the candle. I loved that Christmas Eve Eva decided we should leave Santa some fruit instead of just cookies, since he gets a lot of sweets from other people. I love that she left a note from her stuffed dog Doe-Doe on the mantle next to the fruit, cookies, and milk requesting a bone - and that Santa delivered - leaving a new bone for Doe-Doe next to the empty plate where his goodies were on the mantle.
And then there is Christmas morning...
Their expressions when they first walk out and see the tree and presents is priceless. I love the giggles, the laughter, and the excitement as they unwrap their gifts one by one. I loved that they both had gifts for eachother this year, partly homemade, and that the reaction was this....
I was also touched that they had made homemade gifts for Matt and I - without us knowing - and had wrapped them. We both told them the pictures they made us were some of our favorite gifts out of everything!
We are so thankful for so much this time of year....our little family, our new little one we are expecting, our extended family, and the amazing friends that surround us.
"He who does not have Christmas in his heart, will never find it under a tree."
--Roy L. Smith



No comments:
Post a Comment