Monday, December 26, 2011

Adventure Box: Day Eleven!

Today's adventure was a simple one, and after actually doing it I decided I would probably change it up a bit next year because it didn't seem to have the "WOW" and "FUN" factor a lot of the other adventures seemed to have for the kids.

Today's Bible verse was 2 Thessalonians 2:16...

"So then brothers stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word or mouth or by letter.  May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word."

We discussed how during the past week and a half we have discussed the teachings of the Bible about the birth of Jesus.  We talked about always remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas.  Their gift for today was a DVD I purchased at Family Christian Bookstore that retells the birth of Jesus in a cartoon format.  Honestly, I thought it would be something fun that they would want to curl up and watch, but it just didn't turn out that way.  They were excited about the DVD....but it has yet to be watched. 

All of this being said, I still think it was good and I loooooved that when they opened the DVD Jaden immediately noticed the picture of the Nativity on the back and was comparing it to our Nativity.  I truly feel the importance of THIS part of Christmas is sinking in....which makes me a happy camper!

No comments: