Friday, December 23, 2011

Adventure Box: Day Eight!


Today's Adventure concluded the Nativity part of our Adventure Box.  The Bible verse was Matthew 2:1-2, 10-11...

"After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Heron, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born King of the Jews?"  We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.
"When they saw the star, they were overjoyed.  On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshipped him.  Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh."

The children opened their gift for today....3 wisemen and a camel!

Eva, Jaden, and I talked about how the wisemen were from the East and people from that are were not traditionally followers of Christ.  The wisemen were believers and had decided to follow His ways.  We discussed if they know anyone who does not know about Jesus and how we might show Jesus' love to them.  We talked about how important it is to share God's love with people....especially people that may not know about God.

As I said earlier, the kids love their Nativity and I've loved watching them play with it.  When I took the picture at the top of this post I walked out to find Jaden holding the Angel up and saying, "Do NOT be afraid..."   Mmmmm....warms my heart.

Today's was fun, and I looooved the conversations....but tomorrow's adventure is sure to bring even more smiles!

No comments: