Well, ,my friends...I'm calling "BULL" on that one.

What if I told you that diabetes has increased 90% in the last 10 years (yes, I typed that correctly) and that the increase in consumption in HFCS has been directly related to the diabetes epidemic. Scary, huh?
Also, non-alcoholic liver disease has dramatically increased...again HFCS is directly related.
Heart disease (increase in triglycerides as well as LDL - bad cholesterol) can all be linked to HFCS.
Yes, scientist have CLEARLY linked all of these diseases - as well as others - to the consumption of High Fructose Corn Syrup. I could go into the all of the reasoning behind it but that will bore the socks off you and I'm sure you can find the information yourself if you are interested (the Mayo clinic and Dr. Mercola's site have some fantastic information).
Bottom Line...stay away from it and keep your little ones away from it.
There is nothing "good" or "natural" or "nutritional" about at.
In case you are wondering what kind of products contain HFCS the best thing to do is read the ingredient label. Stay away from or drastically reduce soda intake (extremely high in HFCS). Try to avoid processed foods and stay away from added sugars and artificial sweeteners (we really limit our children's sugar intake anyway - but I would MUCH rather they have real sugar than some artificial sweetener ANY day...the health effects from artificial sweeteners like Splenda are truly scary).
Always remember...you are your child's biggest advocate as well as teacher. Make your choices smart ones!
OK my friends....getting off my soapbox now!!!
Hugs,
Jamie
8 comments:
It is so funny you are posting this today. I JUST had a conversation about this yesterday! I just wish it was a day earlier so I would have had a couple more statistics to back me up.
Since when did my wife become this statistic quoting, scientist? I love it - you are so smart!! I love you for always being up to speed with the latest and greatest nutritional guidelines. And especially always doing what's best for Eva and Jaden!!
I love you!
We've been trying to avoid HFCS for a while now... and it's HARD! Seems like it's in EVERYTHING - ketchup, bread, cereal... all things that we eat quite often. I'm finally getting a "list" of things that I know don't have it... and it all tastes SO much better! :) I really can't stand those commercials.... :)
Good post, and thank you for the awareness. I try try try to get my children to eat healthy, and for the most part, they do... but they do love chocolate.. I hope that's okay, in moderation! Sometimes, they love lollipops too... I cringe, because it is just so bad for their little teeth, but still... I have to give in sometimes...
P.S. What a nice comment from your husband!
Great post. I've wondered about those commercials because it just didn't seem right. Thanks for the facts!
I AGREE!! Those commercials drive me batty! I agree with you!! Glad you got up on your soap box!!
You go girl, I love how you keep me up to date and most importantly how it helps our little ones. Love You Friend!
So funny you mentioned this...I actually saw an ad in a Redbook Magazine that I reading today just like the ones on TV but it was in print! It is run by the corn refiners association.
Post a Comment