Before starting I usually color the picture I have in my head on paper. And when I say "color" it...I mean it! Both paintings I have done were first colored with crayons while Eva, Jaden, and I were playing. I then looked on the Internet for some advice on how to work with watercolors, but I just got a little freaked out because they were going on and on about "proper technique" and I knew nothing about any of that...again, I just followed my heart. I did watch some home decorating show that mentioned you can actually use a spray bottle of water when working with watercolors so I used a spray bottle, a sponge, a large brush, and a small brush to paint most of it. I also used a pencil top eraser to get the little circles that I put on the border. You can see them in the picture below.
To finish it off I hot glued ribbon around the edges of the canvas and signed my name! If you are planning on trying this remember that there is no such thing as a perfect picture...you honestly can't mess it up if you just follow what you feel in your heart! As I said, Eva loves it and that is the best "critique" I could ever ask for!
10 comments:
That is GORGEOUS! And so sentimental to me...I used to sing that song to my oldest when he was a baby!
You are so very talented!
Wow! What a neat painting! I'm sure Eva will love it for years to come!
That is a GREAT idea - I really like how it turned out.
I love the finished product, especially the little details...the ribbon, the signature! Also, thanks for including the details about the paint. I have also used acrylic and haven't been thrilled with it. I will try watercolor next time for sure!
I love it! Great colors! You did a very good job!! I love the ribbon on the side...very nice touch!
ps...i'm curious to know how many things we were similiar on with my 100 posts...so fun!!
Very neat painting Jamie!!
Great work...it's adorable that you signed your name. She will treasure that always.
GIRL! I just love it! What a great gift for Eva. I saw a hint of those stripes in the background...can't wait to see the finished room!
That is so beautiful!
What a beautiful picture!!
Post a Comment