Friday, March 6, 2009

Something special for Eva...

We moved into our home over a year ago, and little by little we have been adding things here and there to make this house our home. A home filled with colors, textures, and decorative touches that we love. We haven't moved very quickly in decorating, but rather very precisely. We don't put something out or hang it on the wall unless we love it.

Eva's room was painted a simple color when we moved in but I always knew I wanted to do more with it. I wanted to make it a very special place just for her. Eva loves cooking, she loves gardening, she loves reading. I wanted to incorporate all of that into her special place. Sooo....that is my new project. I've actually been working on it for weeks now....picking out colors, shopping for little touches, and then there is this project...

Yes, I am painting again. I wanted to paint a very special picture for my little girls room that she would always know mommy made especially for her. Yesterday I finally finished it and Eva loves it. It warms my heart to see her get excited about it. For those of you that don't frequent my blog often you can read about my other painting experience here. I am by no means a professional, but I do love doing it and I find it calming.

So stay tuned my friends to see the finished project....I am anxious to share it with you as soon as it is done!

PS. I actually posted twice today (yes, I'm feeling ambitious) so don't miss my previous post!

7 comments:

Aimee said...

I LOVE this idea. I remember reading about your artwork in the kitchen. You knew exactly what you wanted and couldn't find it anywhere so you just created it. That happens to me a lot. I have in my mind just what I want and then I search and search and can never find it. I have NEVER thought of creating it myself though. I don't know why. How did you get started? How did you know what supplies to get? I'd love for you to share some of your starting up secrets on your blog. I especially think it is a great way to add a personal touch to your home. You're so creative!

Amy said...

I can't wait to see the final project...I'm feeling torn right now in our situation...I want so badly to create...but with our home on the market...I can't...I have to wait until the new home to make new from old and create...I'll need to get some inspiration from your painting expertise! ;) Love the pink so far!!

Kimberly said...

You are so good, My friend the artist! I need to hire you to come and do some of your fancy stuff at our house! I miss you and I can't wait to see your project when we return!
Hugs, Kim

Tonya said...

I CANNOT wait to see the finished product! What kind of paints are you using. I have a stack of canvases just waiting for inspiration...and some free time!

Kelli said...

I can't wait to see what you have in store. I'm finishing up Jamison's room now to make it a special place for her. As I get further into it, I see more things I want to do!

Jami said...

You are teasing me! I wouldn't let myself scroll down until I read your blog and then...no pictures yet! I can't wait to see it!

Tara said...

You are killing me...cannot wait to see it!