Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Time...

The "photography bug" has hit me. HARD.

I am forever messing with my camera, taking photographs, looking things up on the Internet, changing the settings, taking more photographs, etc. It's a bit obsessive.

To further my obsession - I mean passion - my family has joined in...gotta love them! For starters, my husband surprised me with Photoshop for my birthday! For those of you that may not know, this allows you to manipulate your photographs so they look more professional and it also allows you to add creative touches to them. I am starting with Photoshop Elements, as it is not quite as technical as the regular edition. On top of that, my parents got me a GREAT digital photography book that I seriously devoured in one night (was up until 1:00 in the morning). I can't seem to get enough of it all!!



That said, I become frustrated when my pictures don't turn out the way I want them to and I can't figure out why. As much information as I was soaking in....I needed more.

Sooooo.....(cue the Hallelujah Chorus music)....

I start PHOTOGRAPHY CLASSES tomorrow!!! Wha-hoooooooooo!!!!

Can you tell I'm excited? Ya, I can't even contain it!! My hope is that this will give me just the gentle push I need to quit relying on that darn "auto" button on my camera and put all this creative energy to use! Oh, the IDEAS I have....

Just wait and see......

8 comments:

Aimee said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you to start your classes. I can't wait to hear all the tidbits you learn...I hope you'll share. I also decided today to add you to my bloglist on my site. It seemed awful silly to me that I always track you down via other sites. Since I always check in on you, I decided you should be a part of my page. :)

Amy said...

I started photography class in September...our last class was on aperature, shutter speeds, depth perception, white balance...I was in heaven! Loved it! Good for you! What was the photography book you got? I'd love to know the title...Photoshop Elements...LOVE IT!!! You're going to have so much fun with it!

by the way, Happy Birthday!

Jami said...

That sounds like so much fun. I hope you learn a lot!

Too bad you and my sister-in-law are so far apart; she has developed this passion as well. My brother suprised her with a really nice camera for Christmas so she would be able to take great pictures of the boys playing sports. Luckily when their house got burglarized about a month ago it didn't get stolen!

Have fun, Jamie!

Stacey said...

yeah for you Jamie! I know you will love it! You can practice on us if you want :)

Kelli said...

That sounds like a ton of fun. I would love to get a nicer camera to take nicer pictures. You'll have to keep us posted on your progress.

Anonymous said...

Have fun in camera-land tonight... I'd love to be taking the class with you!

RosyRose said...

Hey good luck with that! Maybe you can share all your great tips with us:)!!

Cindy said...

Is that your "blog book" on the bottom of the stack? I've been researching, and I'm going to call you for advice ... this week! :)