Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!

Do you, your family, or your friends get into the whole April Fool's Day thing?!! I use to get into it a little bit when I was teaching because the students thought it was so fun...but if I'm being honest I have to tell you that I spend the whole beginning of my April Fool's Day on guard.

Let me explain.

Every year for the past 11 years...yes, ELEVEN years...my mom has tricked me. It started when I was in college and has continued through the years. I won't even tell you about the first April Fool's trick she got me with because I can't believe I fell for it....but I did....hook, line, and sinker. My only saving grace was that my college roommate Jami also fell for it so I didn't feel quite as bad.

Every year my husband warns me the day before April Fool's. He warns me that she is going to try to trick me. I plot in my head the kind of trick she may try to pull so I can be one up on her. Honestly, every year I wake up ready...just waiting to say, "Ha Ha!!! Didn't get me THIS year did you?!!!!" I'm ready to do my victory dance and laugh because for ONCE she didn't trick me!"

Ya well, it's been 11 years and I have yet to bust out those dance moves.

You have GOT to be thinking I am extremely gullible...seriously, every year for ELEVEN years???!!!!

I promise I am not. She is just that good with her tricks! She catches me when I am least expecting it. I seriously don't know what hit me until she starts laughing!

In case you are wondering, yes she got me this morning. I was still wiping the sleep out of my eyes when she called. I should have known better.

There is always next year....until then I'll be practicing my victory dance.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

So funny Jam! Maybe next year :)

The Jones Family said...

That is too funny... I'm not that clever, I tried to trick my hubby today and he was too quick to realize the trick... darn it!

Keep practicing!

Jami said...

I would love to hear how she got you this year. And remind me what she did that I also fell for...bad memory.

I forgot it was April 1st until I wrote in my checkbook today. I thought about trying to pull something on Eric, but I know he wouldn't fall for it, so I just decided to not waste my time thinking of something.