Wednesday, April 22, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

So many things in life make me smile...as you can probably tell from my "simple joys" posts. Most of those posts revolve around things that are not tangible, such as the laughter of children or the feeling of driving with the windows down on a hot summer day. I thought I would do a few posts on some of my more...er...materialistic favorites. I know that I always love hearing about great products and I thought you may too...so sit back and have a cup of chai (love it!) as I share a few of my personal fav's...



Love me some Burt's Bees...pretty much anything Burt's Bees! I use a lot of the products on my little ones because they are so natural but I love these products for me too! One of my very favorite products is the Lip Shimmer. It has a tingly feeling and works like chapstick...with just a little bit of color.



This is my favorite facewash on the planet. This is the best part...my dermatologist recommends it and I've read about numerous celeb's that use it - and it cost $5.99!!! Yes, I use to spend loads on some fancy schmancy facial products but once I found this I've never gone back! Boy, those celebs must be smarter than they come across sometimes! Ha!


Oh where do I start on my ode to an Ugg?!! Yes, I know that for those of you that are very fashion savvy they went out of style about 5 years ago - but I will never ever give them up. Enough said.



As much as I love my Uggs there is nothing like a sexy heel to make ya feel like a woman! Seriously, I can have on a frumpy t-shirt and jeans...but if I throw on a pair of heels I feel like a whole new girl. It's like an instant makeover!!


Last but not least...when we built our home we put a full size window in our master bath that opens. Many people cautioned us against it...but it's one of my favorite things we did with our house. I love, love, love having it open in the morning while I am getting ready - the sun shining and the birds singing - it's an awesome way to start the day! I know this isn't a small item (like my other ones)...but it IS one of my favorite things!


Stay tuned...more to come soon!

4 comments:

Roxy said...

LOVE THE HEELS!!!!

Amy said...

Love the heel!! I'm a shoe addict!

By the way, I've loved my Ugg's so much that I've acctually have slept in them! (gasp!) My daughter has Ugg slippers and I will be buying her a pair of real Ugg boots this fall! She wears her Target brand boots all the time...I'll spend a bit more and she'll be sleeping in them too!!

I'll have to try the face wash...I'm in between and having a hard time finding something that doesn't make my face break out!

Fun post!! I did it a year ago...I like seeing what people like and LOVE!

Kelli said...

Burt's Bees makes a wonderful cuticle (?) cream. I love it. I'll have to try the face wash though.
I wish we had a window in our bathroom...smart choice!

The Miller's said...

I totally agree with the bathroom window! Our window in our bathroom doesn't open and it drives me crazy! Also, I had no idea Uggs went out of style 5 years ago...I guess I need to call you for some fashion advice! :)