Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Meaningful Way to Display Artwork

Eva made this Christmas tree at school and I instantly fell in love with it. I love the buttons...I love the glue sticking out of the sides...I love everything about it.

I didn't want to just file it away with her other artwork that I keep so I decided to buy background paper for it and an 8 x 10 frame to display it in...


At the bottom of the piece of artwork I wrote her name and age...


Now I have a beautiful (and meaningful) decoration to set out during the Christmas season!


On that same note, those of you that know me know that I looooove children's artwork....love it. There is something so beautiful and innocent about it. I am currently working on a plan to display quite a bit more of my children's artwork in my home so that it looks more like professional pieces of art. More to come later!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

What a great way to treasure her work!

Michelle said...

Ashlyn brought home a tree that I love as well - great idea ... now to see if I ever put the idea into reality. :)

Jami said...

Too cute!!

I have been wanting to get some of Cameron's artwork framed...this will get me to do it!! Thanks!

Stacey said...

Love it Jamie! What a great way to keep her work forever! Miss you!