Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year....

Ahhhh....a new year. It just seems crazy to me that it is 2010!!! Seriously. When I was little I thought that by the year 2010 we would be living on the moon, wearing spacesuits, and zipping around in little rocketships like the Jetsons. Ha!

Matt and I were talking with our good friends Jim and Katie about how the past decade has changed our life. Think back to the year 2000....and to the current year. What has changed for you? The crazy thing about it is that to me 10 years ago doesn't seem that long ago. We giggled because 10 years ago Jim and Katie didn't even know eachother...fast forward 10 years and they are married with 3 children!!!! Crazy what can happen in 10 years. We talked about the fact that 10 years from now Eva will be on the verge of driving and Jaden will be headed into his teen years. It just kinda made me realize the importance of making each year....each day....count.

Hmmmm....deep.

On a lighter note, as normal this Mama is on an organization mission. I tend to get this way a few times a year and after Christmas seems to be one of those times. I've done the ever-so-popular "plastic tub shopping"....we've allllll done it at some point haven't' we??!! I just chuckled when I walked into Target because they put the tubs close to the door - front and center - for the those crazy moms' like me that are on a mission to get organized! Ha! My mom bought me an electronic labeler a few years ago (loooove it) and I'm feeling the need to pull that out of storage too!! I swear I could label my whole house....I kinda go nuts with it. I just love how pretty things look when they are all neat, tidy, and labeled!

I also purchased a swimsuit while I was at Target....is that wishful thinking?

Have I mentioned that Target is a black hole for me? I swear I go in there planning on spending $10 and leave spending much more than that!!! It's ridiculous.

Going along with all of the New Year stuff, it is now time for me to print my blog off into a book. I do this every year at the end of December. If you have a blog and you don't do this I would highly recommend it. I don't journal, I don't really scrapbook, but I create this book each year that is chock full of stories, recipes, thoughts, pictures, etc. that details my life for the year. It's so special to me.

The New Year has also given me a great starting point on some advice I read in a fantastic book recently....more on that later.

Well my friends....let's lift our glasses to a New Year. A positive year. A healthy year. Let us start now to make it the best year ever.

Cheers!

Hugs,
Jamie

3 comments:

beachy keen girl said...

TARGET IS A BLACK HOLE for me too! I get sucked in every time. It seems impossible to only spend $10-$20 there...IMPOSSIBLE! :)

Happy New Year!

Everything Belongs said...

Hi--I found your blog through a friend of mine, Sarah's. I have enjoyed reading your insights and how you envelope faith, etc...Anyhow...I have been looking for a way to print off my blog and have not found a very easy way to do it (tried Blurb, but it is a LOT of cutting and pasting!). What do you use?

Kimberly said...

Look out Target here comes Kim....Kevin swears they cheer when they see me coming! Happy New Year we enjoyed ringing it in with our dear friends! :)