Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Swine Flu Hits Home....

Well my friends.....right now our family should be boarding an airplane to spend the week in Florida. The plane tickets were purchased....the condo was rented....the rental car was waiting....and the suitcases were packed and sitting by the door. All of us were beside ourselves with excitement.

Then yesterday our little girl started acting like she didn't feel 100%.

Just to be pro-active I thought I better run her into the doctor since we would be boarding a plane in less than 24 hours....

As the doctor checked her out she looked at me cautiously over her stethoscope.

"How long is your vacation for?"

"7 Days"

Pause.

"I am pretty sure Eva has the flu...and chances are it is the Swine Flu....I think you should consider cancelling your vacation."

Soooo, after a lot of thought and consideration Matt and I unpacked the suitcases, called the rental companies, and cancelled our airline tickets....

And instead of basking in the warmth of the sun we will bask in the knowledge that our little girl is comfy and cozy snuggled up in her own bed....and getting better.

And in the end that is all that really matters.

12 comments:

Mom said...

Oh so true!!! I'm glad you're all here - and Eva Marie is getting better in the comforts of her familiar surroundings!
xoxo

The Johnsons said...

Oh Jaime that sucks! I really hope Eva starts feeling better and glad your a good Mama and caught it all in time! We're thinking about ya! No place like home when your sick!!!

Loukia said...

Oh no.. I hope she feels better soon... is she on any medicine or anything? Hopefully you'll be able to take your vacation soon... take care.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Eva! We love you,
Uncle Jon, Aunt Kathy, Caleb, Kallie and Lilly. Great job for catching it when you did Jamie!

JON

Anonymous said...

I knew Friday morning something was wrong! I am so glad she made it through Grandparents Day. Thank you, Eva, for a special day. Grandma F

Angel said...

Uggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Total bummer! I hope the little cutie feels better quickly!

Tonya said...

Poor Eva. Isn't it the WORST feeling when our little ones are sick? I hope she is feeling better and everyone else is staying healthy.

Kimberly said...

So True ....No place like home! You Two are amazing parents....Not always easy, but always looking out for the best of the kiddos! Love you Guys!

Amy said...

still praying...how is she feeling? Thinking of you friend!

Stef said...

I hope Eva is feeling better and the rest of you don't get it!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jamie,

I am so glad that Eva is better.
She has been on my mind and in
my prayers.
Hoping everyone else is doing ok.
There will be many vacactions in the future when all are well.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Eva is doing better.
I wrote last night but did't give
you a glue who wrote it. Just Aunt
Jane. Glad everyone is doing ok.
Take care. Think of you often.
Aunt Jane