Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween is one of my very favorite holidays. I loooooove it. I have so many special memories of Halloween growing up, and it's important to me to make wonderful memories for my little ones. We decorate the house, have special pumpkin plates and cups we use, carve jack-o-lanterns, and get out all of our Halloween books to read.

But the BEST part about Halloween?

Trick-or- Treating!!!

This year both Eva AND Jaden decided they wanted to be astronauts. Not sure what really prompted their decision...the only thing I can think of is that we recently got a new book on space. Whatever the reason, this Mama thought they were both cute as a button!

After trick-or-treating at our families homes (which is always fun) it was time to hit the neighborhood. In our little corner of the neighborhood we do things in style. Two of our neighbors hook their riding lawn mowers up to wagons filled with hay. All of us pile in with blankets and cozy up together as we go through the neighborhood trick-or treating. It is too much fun!
Eva was alllll business. She was loving trick or treating....often leaving her friends in her dust as she ran from house to house!
On the opposite end of the spectrum, this little guy wanted nothing to do with the cold weather! He trick-or-treated at about 4 houses and then pretty much announced he was done - it was too brrrrr cold!! He just wanted to snuggle with Mommy on the wagon ride - and I wasn't going to complain about that!!! I loooooove to snuggle! We convinced him to go to a few more houses before the end of the evening, but most of his trick-or-treating time was spent curled up with me!
The evening ended with a bonfire and pizzas with our neighbors! We warmed our bodies and filled our bellies before calling it an evening.
I think it is safe to say a FUN evening was enjoyed by all!!!!

5 comments:

Jami said...

It looks like a fun-filled evening!

Anonymous said...

What cute costumes. I am glad that everyone had fun and a great time. I also love holloween and get excited to see all the neat costumes the kids have on.
Hope everyone stays well.
aunt Jane

Anut Kathy said...

2 of the cutest astronauts EVER!!

Mom said...

I'd go to the moon and back with those astronauts...
xoxo
Nonna

Jade and Andrew said...

Jamie, that's the exact same astronaut costume that Owen wore this year! :) Your kids look so cute!