Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Few Special Birthdays....

We've had a few special birthdays in our family the past few weeks. Both Matt's mom and my step-dad turned the big 6-0!!! Now, many of you know that birthdays are a BIG deal to me (my poor husband learned this the hard way the first year we were married) so we were excited to celebrate with our loved ones as they hit such a special milestone birthday!

We celebrated Mary's birthday with a gathering in our home of a few close friends and family.
A birthday is not complete without a cake!

We celebrated Bob's special day by helping my mom throw a surprise gathering for him with his family and a few close friends.
We lucked out with beautiful weather and Bob was QUITE surprised!
What a special birthday for two special people!!!

"I'm 60 years of age...that's 16 Celsius."
--George Carlin


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, J. It was a very special time for me. You are the hostess with the mostess!!! Not only are you a wonderful cook, you are such a gracious hostess. I will always remember my special
60th birthday; at least as long as the brain keeps working. I love you, Matt and, of course, the best gifts you've ever given me: Jaden and Eva, Love, Grandma F.

Mattymill said...

It's just nice to see that dad could dress up for the occasion. :)

Kat said...

Thanks for hosting mom's dinner. I know everyone who was there had a great time. That is a GREAT picture of mom!!!

Happy B-day Bob!!
Love you all~
Kat

Mom said...

It was a great ending to a great week-end... and Bob couldn't have been more surprised! I LOVE a good surprise!!! Thanks, Jump and Matt for helping to make Bob's party a success. I couldn't have pulled it off without you! xoxo