Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I forgot a few things...

In my last post I mentioned a few things we were doing around here to TRY to keep this whole flu bug to a minimum. I forgot to mention a few things....

We are drinking water like it's going out of style! I'm serious. The kiddies and I literally have contests to see who can drink the most during the day. If you are at my house it would not be uncommon to hear one of us say, "HA HA!! I just finished my THIRD glass today!!!" Honestly, we do this even when it is not flu season. Kind of dorky - I know - but it makes it more fun for them and that makes it all worth it. Want to hear something else funny that goes along with it? Our lovely daughter will announce when her urine is clear. I'm serious. She knows that means she is drinking a LOT of water and she gets a kick out of it!! Ha Ha!! Cracks me up!

The other thing I forgot to mention is that I am TRYING to limit their exposure to other large groups of people (obviously now that Eva is sick they are not getting exposed to anyone). This can be tricky - but right now the Swine Flu is bad in our neck of the woods and since we are not vaccinating them I am willing to take other precautions. Yesterday when we had to go to the hospital for Eva to have X-rays I had them both wear surgical masks. I know...some of you may think I am a total nutcase. But my reasons were many...for one, Eva is still contagious. I didn't want her getting others sick. The other reason is that Jaden is completely healthy. I didn't want him exposed to all the crazy germs crawling around the hospital. And you know what is crazy??? I had numerous people come up to me and tell me just how smart I was! Here I was kind of worried that I would be freaking people out - and they thought it was a great idea! Please know, I would never make my children wear masks out in other public places - I am not Michael Jackson - but the hospital was a WHOLE different story.

I think that is it for now!! I promise that posts will be coming that do NOT have to do with flu....or vaccines.....or surgical masks!!! Hang in there!

Hugs,
Jamie

PS. Eva is feeling much better today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job with the mask Jamie.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
We are thinking of you and your
family everyday.
I am glad that Eva is doing better.
Take care Aunt Jane