Hello.
My name is Jamie and I've had a Mommy Meltdown.
(Your line...."hello Jamie")
Ah....the Mommy Meltdown. Lovely little moment isn't it? You go about your life feeling like you've got it all together and then when things start to unravel....WHAM!!!....what do you do?
You have a meltdown.
Just like your two year old son (only without the kicking and screaming....although at times I've been tempted).
Today started out easy enough....all was running smoothly. But somewhere between 2:00 and 3:00 the day took a quick detour south. Let me just give you a little tiny glimpse into what I was dealing with at that time....
My little son was sitting in time out...only not really sitting because he refuses to stay put for a time out....so I was literally holding him down in time out.
And he wasn't happy about that.
So he started hitting me.
So I took both of his hands and held them down too (I swear I would make a great WWF wrestler...I can pin a two year old down in NO time)!
Of course Jaden was NOT too happy about me holding his hands down so he started screaming.
At the top of his lungs.
In my ear.
And continued to do that the entire time he was in time out....which is normally two minutes...but today was much, much longer.
lovely.
Not only that, but this scenario happened over and over and over today. To the point that Eva said, "Jaden's had like FIFTY time outs today!!!"
Fifty may have been exaggerating it....but not by much.
Now let me just explain that this little incident is just the very tip of the iceberg. The VERY tip of the iceberg. This incident alone would not send me into Mommy Meltdown, but when you add this incident with other similar incidents....welll.....sometimes this Happy Housewife loses her cool.
And what did I do (aside from wanting to get a stiff drink)?
I locked myself in my bedroom and had a Mommy Meltdown.
Yes, I cried.
Yes, I called MY mommy.
And after just a few moments I felt like a whole new girl.
Crazy how a little meltdown can make you actually feel better doesn't it?
Soooooooo......two year old behavior - BEWARE!!! Temper tantrums - WATCH OUT! This Mama has had her meltdown and now she is ready to tackle the world!!!
But if need be always remember the motto...
I'M THE MOMMY AND I'LL CRY IF I WANT TO!
5 comments:
Such a wonderful post! I laughed as I felt as if I was reading something that happens to me with my 2-year-old! While our children are such a wonderful gift... they sure can test our sanity on a regular basis!! Hang in there... :)
Love it! My world exactly on a daily basis anymore...the closer Hayden gets to 3 the worse it gets...I HATE that I have to put him in timeout ALL time time. I've had MANY meltdowns, not really because of the situation at hand, but thinking about having a newborn while dealing with the meltdown, while listening to my one year old cry at my feet because he wants me to hold him all day! AHHH. It always helps to call our mama's though doesn't it!
I am laughing! (Not at your expense though) You have such a way of wording things where I can just picture everything!
I am so sorry it didn't work out for Papa and Grandma F to get to your house to relieve you for a little bit! I hate to think of Jaden in such a fit; and Mommy having to call "Mommy". I am always here for you to call also. I still have meltdowns - remember; husbands can be little boys too! I love all of your very much AND thannks for the school pic. Grandma F.
Tears are good! They help to turn your upside down world the right way again. :)
Post a Comment