Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's Giveaway Time...

This Happy Housewife is going to be taking a vacation...and I figured that would be a fantastic time to have a little giveaway to let my readers know how much I appreciate them!

Here is how it works...

Leave a comment before Saturday, October 25th telling me the BEST advice you've ever received....oh, I know this is a tough one!! The advice can be about anything...work, parenting, life in general, etc.

What do you win?

Well, that is up to you! I like to give you some variety to choose from! Here are your choices for this particular giveaway...

1. A Target Giftcard (because this Mama loooooooves Target)!
2. A small giftpack (with a few of my favorite things in it)!
3. A free sitting fee for a photo session (this is only valid if you know me personally or through someone else...and also must live somewhat close to me)!
4. A pack of recipe cards with some of my very favorite recipes on them!

So just leave a comment telling me the best advice you've received AND what you would like your gift to be and if your name is drawn your wish shall be my command!

Good Luck my friends and have a fabulous week!
Jamie

21 comments:

Kelli said...

My best advice...to start blogging. I know it sounds silly but I have discovered SO many things since I started blogging and it has led to so much advice.

Stacey said...

My best advice is to "enjoy the journey" somthing I try to do more and more, not get so caught up in the business of the day, but to sit back and enjoy the moment.

Ashli said...

"Let go, and let Him!"...definetly the best advice I've ever received!

Jenna said...

My best advice is to love your job...especially if you work outside of the home. You spend over half of your time awake at work, so it is much better if you love it! If I win I would LOVE a photo sitting for Jentry

anna said...

NEVER judge someone unless you've walked a mile in their shoes!

Anonymous said...

Care less - Love more

This helps me a ton when it comes to my kids! :)

Mom of Double A said...

My father in law says "Every day is a good day, some are just better".
I love that, it is so aggravating to work with and be around people that always see the glass half-empty.
So I try to always look at the positive in things and find the silver lining in everything.

Stef said...

Enjoy everything because it all goes by so fast!

Stef said...

To enjoy everything because it all goes by so fast!

Angela Sue Murphy said...

Whenever in doubt... ask God! :)

This momma loooooves Target too! ;)

Anonymous said...

best advice....be still and know that I am God...

stephanie (friend of jami johnsons)
i love your blog, I feel like i know you and have never met you...

Impulse Imagery said...

"Live each day like it's your last". ~Ray Charles

I know this isn't always possible but it's good to keep in mind!

Amy said...

to enjoy each moment with your children...before long, they won't need you every moment...when they say 'watch this' for the 1,000th time...really watch!

Aimee said...

Some of the best advice I've ever received comes from my dear friend Jan Spencer who is suffering from ALS. She is currently in Indy having a feeding tube placed as she battles the final stages of her disease. She has been an awesome Christian mentor to me.

Her advice....God is opposite of this world. When you are facing decisions keep in mind that He doesn't always answer, He wants to see how faithful you are in your trust for Him. Step out in faith and hold on to Jesus!

Ahhh....how often I've used those words of wisdom!
As for the giveaway, I'd love anything that comes from this happy housewife who I consider my good bloggy friend! :)

Angel said...

Let's see...a wise man once told me "Never pass up an opportunity to use the bathroom."
Learn it, Live it, Love it...and remember it always.
I would LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE family photos taken by you, my friend. Do I live close enough? Maybe we can bring the fam for a sleepover? That sounds fun - lets do it anyways!

Mattymill said...

Make sure your kids realize that your spouse is #1 in your life. It will provide a great security for them to know that mom & dad will always love each other, and will always be together.

Tonya said...

Wow, this IS a tough one!

"Make sure to take a little time for yourself during the day." If you don't take care of yourself and make yourself happy, how can you take care of those you love and make them happy?

Although this is great advice, it is something I feel I am constantly striving for!

The photo session would be amazing! - if we fit the criteria. Or the giftpack also sounds very appealing!

Kathy said...

"Lean not on your own understanding...." (can't remember the bible verse, but I know it's in there!) Another piece of advice....Lay it all at the feet of Jesus.

Love you all.....
and you know me....anything from you is great.

The Miller's said...

Be quick to listen and slow to speak.

I would LOVE a free sitting fee with you! Even though we don't live close, we come up often enough and will be up for Thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

My Dad always gave us this visual anology when my brother, sister and I used to fight.

He held up 3 sticks (each representing each kid). Take one stick, break it, it's easily broken. Now take 2 sticks, break it, it's a little harder. Take 3 sticks, break it, now it's nearly impossible.

"United we stand, divided we fall," he famously said.

It shows the importance of family and that we should always stand together.
Uyen

Lisa said...

The best advice that I have is "never give up"! I would love a pack of recipe cards with your favorite recipes on them! Yummy!!!