Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Little Bit of Heaven....

My husband surprised me this week when he came home from a business trip with a little bit of heaven just for yours truly. I am not a big sweet tooth. My husband does not buy me chocolates because he simply knows I don't really enjoy them.....unless they are Vosges. Ahhhhhh....I can't even talk about these little beauties without my mouth watering. For those of you that have never heard of Vosges chocolates, let me tell you - you are missing out. The description of these chocolates says it all...exotic.

Unlike normal chocolates the makers of Vosges use exotic ingredients to make their chocolates truly unreal. Let me just give you a description of one of my favorites...

Naga.
Named after a tribe in Northeast India, we've combined natural coconut extract, milk chocolate and a pinch of fragrant curry. Dipped in milk chocolate and finished with a sprinkling of sweet Indian curry, this truffle creates a beautiful balance of spiciness, sweetness, and color.

Yes, you read that right..they used curry! Other ingredients they use include wasabi, paprika, and edible flowers just to name a few. Each truffle is seriously an experience within itself - not something you just pop in your mouth, chew up, and swallow. Matt laughs because I savor every. single. bite. of the truffle. A box of four will last me days...it truly is an indulgence.




In case you were wondering where you could pick up these little treats, at the present time they are only available in Chicago and Las Vegas...or via the Internet. If you love chocolate - or you're like me and it's not one of your favorites - I would suggest at least giving these little babies a try....I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

3 comments:

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

They are the best!!!

Matt & Amber said...

I agree, these are absolutely fabulous!!!! I think I tried a jasmine one, it was ah-mazing! I think the weirdest one I tried was bacon!

Tonya said...

Yum! Naga and Red Fire are my faves!