Monday, December 8, 2008

Work Um' Hard!

I am all about children having a carefree, happy-go-lucky childhood...but I also think putting a little responsibility on their shoulders is a very good thing. Even at the ages my children are they have responsibilities around the house. Jaden is only 1 and he feeds the dog in the morning, and again at night. Eva is in charge of letting the dog in and out during the day and recently took it upon herself to make sure her bed is made every morning (I'll post pictures later because it is too precious). She is also a huge help to me in the kitchen!

Last Friday I needed to clean the house and figured a little help would be nice. I've always thought the younger I start them, the more they will just understand that helping out with chores like this is a normal and expected part of our family life. The funny thing is that they really did help me!! So, enjoy a some pictures of this Happy Housewife breaking a few child labor laws...it was all for a good cause, my friends!


Eva Swiffering the bathroom...she even knows she has to wear shoes to do it because I don't like her skin near the chemicals. She enjoys it so much I think she would agree to wear a Hazmat suit if I asked her to.
Jaden grabbed a mop and bucket to get in on the action. You may think that looks like a toy (which it is), but you better believe I filled that bucket with water and put him to work! I tell ya, I'm not kidding when I say I'm starting them young!

This is actually Eva cleaning the grout of our shower with baking soda and a toothbrush! It sounds like a pretty bad job, I know, but she absolutely loves to do it!
Jaden is...ahem..helping her.

"If you want your children to keep their feet on the ground, but some responsibility on their shoulders."
--Abilgail Van Buren

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cute! They are learning well from a wonderful Mommy! Hugs to all of you!

Kelli said...

Great idea. Jamison has a few chore but I never thought of Caleb...hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Are they for hire??? I'm pretty sure Nonna needs a cleaning crew like that at my house!!!

Stacey said...

That is too precious! I love it when Olivia helps me, Logan keeps us busy making the messes and we clean them up! HA!

RosyRose said...

That's great! They are so CUTE!
I think sometimes we forget that just like us it actually makes our kids feels good to help others out...which leads to the carefree childhood you spoke of!:)
Way to go Jami...Way to go!

Mattymill said...

Make that one more plus to having children - free labor! I'm excited to put baby Miller to work around his 1st birthday. I'll tell him I learned it from his slave-driver Aunt Jamie.

Anonymous said...

I need Eva and Jaden to come to my house for a couple of hours!!
Love you!

Jami said...

Keep up the good work Jaden and Eva!

Kim said...

When they are done at your house, could they drop by the cabin? I have some grout that could use some cleaning? :)
So were you sitting back drinking a martini and taking pictures? :)

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

I am cracking up Kim...too funny. Hmmm, I may try drinking a little martini and shouting out my orders from the bed with bon bons next time! Ha!

Nicole said...

That is so great they are helping out! I couldn't agree with you more on teaching them young :)

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Um, Jamie I think there are child labor laws aganist this type of thing... to cute