This Happy Housewife has been pondering two questions lately and I was wondering if any of you out there can help me out:
Question #1: Do any of you know of a reputable site that can print your blog off in book form? The whole reason I started this lovely blog journey was to help document the little moments that I spend with my family and friends. Now that it is the end of the year I would love to have it printed, but I'm unsure where to go. I thought maybe some of you have done it before and could recommend a good website!
Question #2: I am wanting a soft and chewy gingerbread cookie recipe. I've looked and asked around, but have hit dead ends. Any of you out there know of one?!
That is it for now!! Thanks for checking in my friends...it's always nice to "hear" from you!
The Happy Housewife
PS. In case you were wondering, the treadmill and I are still in a love/hate relationship...but at this point we continue to be civil to eachother. :)
6 comments:
Funny you should ask!:) I recently had a book made from my blog (the first six months of it anyway). You can read about it here: http://marikanolt.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-blog-book.html.
I have link to the site I used and I downloaded their free software. It took some work for me to figure out what to do and to copy and paste the parts of my blog into the layouts that I wanted, but it was TOTALLY worth it! The book was 112 pages, hardback, had tons of pictures in it and only cost me $48 (including shipping). I did use a coupon but once you download their software, they will e-mail coupons to you. Also, the book arrived on my doorstep exactly one week after I ordered it. It might take a little work on your part, but I know I was really pleased with the final product that I got! Good luck!
Hi...I read your blog from my cousin Morgan's link. I read a blog called Because I Said So and she posted a gingerbread receipe complete with pics. Here is the link: http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/
Just scroll down to find the title Gingerbread.
Happy Holidays!
No help from me on these two questions-sorry. But I am interested in knowing what you decided to do with your blog. I looked at Marika's and it looks pretty cool...but, I was thinking that someone would just do it for me!!
Hey Ladies! I downlaoded Blurb and was sad to find out they no longer accept blogger accounts.
Any other ideas???
Jamie
OK, I know I'm kinda answering my own questions here...but I found a website called blog2print. Looks pretty simple, they do it for you in a journal format including pictures. Prices are reasonable. The only negative is there isn't much you can do to manipulate the pictures, entries, etc. You can pick your cover from about 12 choices and you can decide what goes into it and what doesn't, but that is about it. It is by no means a coffee table looking book, but for me that is fine...I wouldn't have it sitting out anyway.
Just thought you all may want to know!
Jamie
funny, I just was going to comment and let you know about that site because I just googled and found it! Great minds DO think alike... haha. It does seem pretty simple and straight forward.
if you want to do a lot of manual work and totally make it look your way, I made a coffee table book of our wedding photos and I know you can do text.. but I used mypublisher.com and the book is absolutely beautiful! It takes lots of time, and I've only done it for photos, but I know they have good quality products, but they are pricey. They do email quite a few coupons though if you sign up for them!
Post a Comment