As much as I am living my dream, as I stated in my last post, I never want to give the impression that every day is just rosy. Let me give you an example of a typical weekday morning in the home of the Happy Housewife:
It begins relaxing enough...Eva wakes up around 7:00 and crawls into bed with me. We snuggle until Jaden wakes up. I go get him out of his crib and together we snuggle in bed and watch Curious George together. Ahhhh....pure bliss.
Then the madness begins.
As soon as Curious George is over my son's internal clock tells him that it is time to eat.
RIGHT NOW, AND NOT A SECOND LATER!!!
Jaden goes out and starts pulling cereal out of the pantry.
Eva is complaining that she wants to eat.
The dog is barking because she wants to eat too.
I am standing there still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes trying to explain to all of them that I will tend to their needs as soon as I can, but they need to be patient.
I'm not sure any of them hear my plea.
The conversation sounds like this:
Mommy: Jaden, please don't dump the cereal out
Jaden (in hysterics): MA MA!!!!!!!
Eva: Mommy, I'm hungry right now!
Mommy: Eva, you need to be patient and Jaden stop dumping the cereal out!!! (obviously losing my own patience)
Meanwhile the dog is jumping on me and barking in my ear.
Jaden then turns to an all out wail because he is certain I'm going to forget that he needs to eat since I don't have his cereal on the table in the 2.1 seconds he requires.
When I finally gets everyone their cereal and sit down to eat the conversation changes to this:
Eva: Mommy, I need a different spoon for my applesauce please
I go get the spoon and sit back down
Eva: Mommy, you forgot to get Jaden a drink
I get Jaden a drink and sit back down
Eva: Mommy, you forgot my vitamins
I get the vitamins and sit back down
Eva: Mommy, I'm ready for more cereal please.
Really? Because I haven't had a moment to even touch my cereal that is now completely soggy in my milk.
All in a days work!
11 comments:
Ahhhh, the quiet and relaxed mornings of being a mommy... I remember them well!!!
xoxo
That sounds like my morning! Wait til next year when you add in taking Eva to preschool. It might just get crazier. I really love being home with the kids and I have to just remind myself what it was like when I was working and taking Ethan to daycare and then going to work all day, everyday. At least being home we have some flexibility with our days.
I'm glad to know I am not alone. I feel like this is how our dinner time sounds.
Oh Girl I love this post because it sounds oh so familiar in this household! Just this morning I thought about getting out the video camera and taping some of the whining going on around here in the morning, just so they can see what it looks like :) I am with you on the eating breakfast thing! I don't know how many times I have driven Dawson into school and wondered why I was so hungry and then realized I never ate :) But they can't take away my morning coffee or we would never make it to the car!! Thanks for you honesty!
Love the post J, but I just can't imagine my little Eva and Jaden being this way..he he he
Sounds like my house in the morning. Sometimes I have to stop and make sure that I fed them the day before because they act like they are starving! Then I remember the snuggles and the frustration goes away...at least until lunch.
Such a true post! The other night they all wanted me to get them something at the same time and the whining started. Then Connor, the oldest, said guys she only has two arms!!! Guess I have said that about 100 too many times!
Bonnie told me about your blog recently and I have enjoyed reading your posts! They always seem to ring so true, but none more true than this post...right down to the Curious George detail...only, we just added potty training to the mix! Fun times!
hey bliss...Sorry I am so late in commenting...better late then never??:) I have been preoccupied with my new FB love:0 Oh dear! It's time to get a job....
Any way, mornings are not great for me either. I always have visions of what it should look like but rarely does it go like that...And with kids...ya know,,, "it's all about me!" That hopefully changes a bit as they grow:) love ya
This is too funny Jam! Sounds like my house too!
This sounds exactly like my morning - minus the Curious George. Rinse and repeat for lunch and dinner.
Post a Comment