I love the innocence of children...I love listening to their process of thinking and their reasoning. On Eva's birthday we were on our way to church and the conversation went like this...
Matt and I were telling Eva about the day she was born. I said, "Eva when you were born mommy and daddy held you, snuggled you, and loved you!" Eva looked at Jaden and said, "and you too little buddy!"
I replied, "No, Jaden wasn't even born yet" Eva thought about this and concluded that he wasn't there because he was still in my tummy. I assured her that he wasn't even in my tummy yet at that point!!
Her eyes got wide and she said, "Where was he??!" I said, "he was with God...the same way you were with God before you were born"
After some thought Eva said, "what did I do with God?"
I told her I didn't know and asked her what she thought she did with God.
Without hesitation she replied, "I probably played basketball with him."
I got the biggest smile on my face. Eva loves sports and it would make sense that God instilled that gift in her. I told her that I bet she was absolutely right....I bet God is a pretty good basketball player and before she was born they probably played a lot of basketball together.
Such a simple conversation....but one I will always remember.
4 comments:
Aren't those the best??!! Like lights are coming on but still a bit cloudy:) Sounds like you had some great moments over her birthday and Christmas:)
Happy New Year!
What a great image I have of Eva and God playing basketball together. What a great story!
What a sweet conversation!!! Kids always know how to melt our hearts :) I am so glad your slideshow ended up working :) It turned out great!!
This post brought tears to my eyes. Probably since I am about to experience my first child's birth and I already wonder what gifts God has already instilled in him. I can't wait to experience conversations with my children such as this. How precious.
Post a Comment