A friend recently did a post asking people if they are living their dream. I love posts that make me think!
I can remember being a very little girl and playing with my dolls...practicing how I was going to mommy them. I can remember being ready to graduate in high school and the thought of college was overwhelming because part of me just wanted to have a family (yes, THAT young)! I ended up taking a smarter route - went to college, got my degree, met a wonderful husband, and THEN started my family.
My point is I've always known I've wanted a family.
Always.
I've always known that, even with all of the work I put into getting a bachelor degree and a Masters degree (and as much as I loved my profession), I would put it all aside in a moment to stay home with my little ones....and I cherish every day that I am living that dream. To some that may not be ambitious...but to me it is heaven.
What are your dreams? Are you living them?
A few weeks ago our pastor asked us this question... "If you continue on the path you are on, what will your life look like in 5 years? Is it where you want it to be?"
I know...a little deep....but sometimes it's good just to take a few moments to examine where you are and where you are headed!
2 comments:
Dreams and ambitions... it sure is amazing and heaven sent when we can take a step back and say...Yes, this is where I want to be and I am so thankful that I am here! I feel so blessed to be where I am and futhermore, to have the family and friends that I am surrounded with the share it with. "Life is Good" and savoring the simple daily blessings is what it is all about in opinion!
Wow, good post...and yes deep. I try (hard) to be grateful and content with what God has given me, but if I were to think if I'm living my dream, not quite yet. I'm almost there. I have many of the element, wonderful hubby, great kids, a house, a great church...but financially I want to be in a much better place.
I'm glad you're living your dream...keep it up!
Post a Comment