Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Nasty Little Secret...

Eva and I were cleaning out some of the toys today. When I am cleaning out toys with the children we always make a pile of toys that they've outgrown, a pile of toys for donation (or as Eva puts it, "to help children that don't have toys"....gotta love her), and then we organize the toys we are going to keep. Little do my precious little children know that I am consistently throwing toys in the trash as we clean. Oh, the agony if they knew my nasty little secret!! You know the toys I am talking about...the trinkets you get at the dentist office, party favors that have lost their luster, toys that are broken, etc. The entire time we are cleaning this mama is doing undercover operations to the kitchen trash like a seasoned Navy Seal. During my stealth missions I have to make sure I hide the toys in the trash waaaaaaay underneath all the other garbage because if Eva saw the toy, it wouldn't matter that it has been a good year since she played with it - it would become her new favorite toy (at least for the next 5 minutes). Funny how that happens isn't it?!

9 comments:

just jamie said...

What a timely post for me to read. I was *just* sifting through the birthday party grab bag "goodies," and some happened to accidentally make it to the garbage.

Jamie, thanks for your kind words today on my blog. So glad you stopped by.

Mom of Double A said...

I did the same thing last week.
You know it's bad when I have to hide it under something else in the trash can. We've resurrected things out of the trash before...
and how about bathtub toys?

Jami said...

Keeping the toys organized is a continuous project. I, too, frequently throw away those little toys without the boys knowing it.

Stacey said...

Me too! I just got rid of a bunch of our bathtub toys and I threw one of Olivia's princess dresses away (GASP!) But I had sewn and re-sewn it a million times!!! I pushed it WAY down in the trash. I think it feels so good to get rid of stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought maybe I was the only mom that did this!!! I am laughing right now at all the other moms out there that hide things at the bottom of the trash!!!

Anonymous said...

I do this all the time jamie, and it seems never ending. Kat and I actually took a whole garbage bag full of toys to our local church swap shop. The girls didn't even notice!! The happy meal toys always make it to the trash can!
Love Ya,
Jon and Kat

Sarah said...

I'm right here with you...keeping this nasty little secret from my 2 boys too!!

Nicole said...

I think this is a class every mom takes when she has children...how to secretly throw away toys! It is amazing how quick a toy room can get out of control :) The school papers get overwhelming as well and I learned to put those on the bottem!

Kelli said...

(Second try, not sure what happened to my first comment) Hi. I'm Kelli. I found your blog from a comment you left on another blog. I see how you like comments so I decided to leave you a comment. This post is SO true, especially the part about putting the toys all the way down in the trash (smile). I do it all the time! Great blog and cute kids. I have a girl and a boy too.