Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A bit of inner turmoil

I'm going to be honest...I've struggled with my blog lately. I try very hard to make my blog a representation of my life, what I am doing, what my family is doing, and how I feel. Regardless, I am worried my readers may feel my blog has become a bit too sugary...too sappy...too optimistic.

I struggle.

I struggle because I try very hard to live my life seeing the bright side of things. I am an optimist. When things get crazy I remind myself that God is in control and like all things, this too shall pass. Why would I do any different on my blog? In a sense, I would be trying to make a conscious effort to make my blog more negative?? Does that really make sense? Do you want to read that??

On that same note though, I DO have bad days. I DO have days when I feel like I am going to pull my hair out. Days when I feel like I am not keeping my head above water and drowning in the responsibilities of being a wife and mother, as well as home responsibilities, church responsibilities, etc. So, part of me feels I should write about that more often. Would that make you identify with me more? I never, ever would want my readers to think that my life is not without its ups and downs.

I started this blog to record the moments I share with my children, as well as to allow myself to connect and communicate with others on various topics. I feel I am doing that, but am I doing it in a way that helps you or inspires you? That is equally important to me.

So, my readers, I am asking you. I am not offended by any and all comments (be anonymous if you wish). I have a lot of readers that do not leave comments, but you visit quite frequently - I would love to hear from you. It means a lot to me that you take that time to "visit" with me daily and I want you to feel it is worth your time as well!!

Sincerely,
Jamie

12 comments:

Jami said...

Jamie, I love your blog! It is true that we don't know about your bad days, but do we need to? We all know that everyone has moments of frustration, stress, etc. As your blog stands, it is upbeat and I look forward to reading it every day. On the other hand, you can rely on your blogging friends to give you kind and uplifting comments if you do decide to blog about not so happy moments. Love ya and miss ya!!

Marika said...

One of my favorite things about my own blog is that it forces me to be more positive. Sometimes it can be easy (for me) to dwell in negativity and I find that my outlook on life is more positive when I am keeping up with my blog.

This doesn't mean that I never write about my frustrations, but the vast majority of what I write is meant to be happy and excited and I like it that way. Those are the times I want to remember.

I think you should write what your heart tells you. If you are a positive person and that is what comes naturally, keep writing that way. It you want to be a grouch every once in a while, that's okay too. I'll be reading either way! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie~~
I too love reading your blog because I get to keep up on you, my brother and my FAVORITE niece and nephew! You've always been a positive person, and I wish at times I could be more like you. I also know (as a mom, step-mom, wife, sister, etc... ) I know how much it helps me to be able to talk to those who have gone thru some of the same things as I have. Keep doing what you want to :)
love you.....Kat

The Johnsons said...

I don't really know of anyone that blogs in a negative way really...(any blogs that I read...)and the people that know you that read your blog know your a positive VERY ORGANIZED and CREATIVE wife/mother so I totally see (the Jaime I know) through your blog...you've had your bad times and scares and you just remain as positive as possible asking for prayers etc. and I don't feel I know you as a very negative person so keep up the good bloggin' girly :) Morgan

Anonymous said...

I like checking your blog everyday! It is your blog and you should be able to write about what you want. I agree with Jami though if you ever want to vent and write about a bad day, we are here to listen!

Kristen said...

Ok so that is totally weird that the two of us wrote about the same thing!! Too funny!!

Did you have a conversation with a blog friend (who doesn't know you in real life) and did you discuss all of these things too? Because if you did then this is just getting even crazier!!!

Hang in their Jamie, and thanks for the honesty. I think those of us who read blogs, honesty is really all we want!

Hope tomorrow is a fabulous day!

Kim said...

Jamie that is the great thing about a blog. It is yours and you can do with it what you want. We all have the hard days and the easy days. That's what makes us human. But it's our outlook that makes it better. So if you are positive, great! If you have a rough day, let us know. This is for you, your kids, and your husband to remember days gone by. We just get to be a fly on the wall.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie,
You are right, I read your blog quite frequently but I am so bad about commenting...sorry! I'm not a good commenter and I know I will appreciate comments once I start my own, which will be very soon. I promise to get better. I really enjoy reading your blog since we live at a distance and don't get to see you or the kids much. I also love your positivity & honesty. Love you, Amanda

Nicole said...

Jamie, I also love reading your blog and can't even remember how I linked to it? Maybe from Heathers but I am not quite sure. Anyway I really enjoy reading it and actually love how positive you are! It has helped me try to be a better mom! I especially loved your one entry about all the things you did with your kiddos in one morning (bike rides etc.) It really made me realize I need to take the time to make those wonderful memeory with my kids and worry less about how clean my house is! So don't get down on yourself I love the positve side! And by the way I am also not very good at keeping up on commenting but I do enjoy reading your blog!

Aimee said...

Jamie,
I read your blog a lot through Jami Johnson's links. I love your pictures and your stories. I think your positive outlook is an inspiration to those who may not look at life with the glass half full. Keep sharing your heart and keep inspiring your readers to look at the sunny side. It's that optimism that puts our struggling moments into perspective.

Patrice said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love meeting new people!
I think your blog should be 1st for you & it's easy to forget about yourself & focus on the comments, etc. But the best part about having a blog is it's a reflection of you & if you're a positive person then your blog should be positive! Nothing wrong w/ that at all! Personally from what I've read so far (the posts on the 1st page) I wouldn't change a thing! I'll definitely be back to read more!
By the way I loved your idea of an all white party.. I threw it out 2 everyone as a suggestion! Thanks for the help & nice to "meet" you!!

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Hey Friends! Thanks so much for all the kind comments. It really means a lot to me. I've officially decided I'm going to keep doing what I do on my blog, most importantly because I DO think it is who I am. I promise I'm not trying to be a perfect person...just doing my best to enjoy every single minute of every single day. Love you all....Jamie