Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happily Ever After...

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved weddings. I love joyous occasions, and a wedding is just that. A joining of two people...two hearts...and by the end of the evening, a few over-served friends. It all makes for one fun night.

A little fact about me that some of you may not know is that, aside from being a stay-at-home mommy, I am also a wedding coordinator. I just do it occasionally, and even though I am paid for my services I honestly just enjoy it and view it more as a hobby.

This past weekend I had a wedding. It was beautiful. The bride and the groom were lovely and I sincerely enjoyed working with them. The reception was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen (in her parents backyard...on a lake...candles and lanterns everywhere...I could go on and on). As the evening winded down I just stood in the background and looked around at everyone there. The smiling faces, babies being passed around, friends and family reconnecting, people hamming it up on the dance floor, and children laughing and playing. A beautiful moment. It made me realize how much I enjoy being part of such a special day. Does it get hectic? Yes. Do I get stressed? Yes...keeping my cool under pressure -while wearing 3 inch heels - is all part of the game. But in the end it's the moments like the one I mentioned above that make me sit back and realize that what is really important on that day is the gathering of friends and family to support a special couple as they begin such a special journey together.

Aw shucks, I'm a sucker for those happy endings.

"In seeking happiness for others, you will find it for yourself"
--Anonymous

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you do such a good job at coordinating weddings. You are so good with detail and just so darn creative! It is so nice for you to have a side job that you love so much. Talk to you soon!

Jami said...

I had no idea! That is so cool. I wouldn't even know how to begin. How did you get started? I would love to know more.

Stacey said...

How fun Jamie! I didn't know you did this!!!