Friday, August 29, 2008

Mommy's Sick Day

This Happy Housewife woke up at 3:00 in the morning sick. Not just sick...stomach flu sick. The kind of sick where you know you can't function as a mommy the next day. It's funny how the mind of a mommy works. I laid there on the bathroom floor with a washcloth over my head and, in between moments of hugging the toilet bowl, was planning my strategy for how I was going to execute the next 24 hours. Mommies always have to think twice - once for themselves, and once for their children/families. Within 20 minutes I had my game plan, and I am so very thankful to my wonderful family (husband, mom, and sister) that stepped up the plate for me. I am happy to say that I am feeling much better (although I've still got myself quarantined in our bedroom trying to keep my lovely germs to myself) and hopefully will be back in the saddle again tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Jamie! Feel better! I am so sorry! Love you!

Christy said...

Oh no! Hope you're feeling better.

Jami said...

Yes, you are right...mommy's always have to have a game plan. I am not sure anyone but mommy's really think things through as much as we do. I am glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better and that the rest of the family didn't get it!!!

Danette said...

Hey Jamie, I don't know how I missed your post on my blog but I am sorry I didn't respond. I must have thought I already read all the comments for that post. Anyway, I found you guys through Kim's blog. A friend of mine set up the links to my blog and she must of put you guys on. I hope you don't mind. Anyway, you have an adorable family. I hope you are feeling better....