Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Storms


Are you afraid of storms? When I was a little girl I was terrified of them. I would hide my eyes and wish the thunder and lightning would go away. I would sleep in my parents bedroom where I felt safe and secure. As a teenager my fear intensified. When Matt and I were dating he lived about an hour away. I would plan my trip to his house around any inclement weather. I was terrified of driving in thunder, lightning, and rain. As I've grown my fears have subsided. I no longer fear storms, in fact I enjoy them. They are an awesome example of not only God's power, but his ability to bring beauty among darkness. After the wind and rain often the earth looks so fresh and clean. The sky's brighten up and if we are lucky a rainbow appears. Eva is now terrified of storms, and it is a perfect time to teach her that God is in control and we just have to keep our faith during the rain, thunder, and lightning that there will be a rainbow waiting for us in the end.

"The storms of life allow us to see how firmly our anchor is set"
--local church sign

Note: The pictures on this post I took out of our plane window as we passed a storm coming home from Florida.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Neat Pictures!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have never been afraid of storms, even as a child I liked them. Weird, I know. I still like them as long as the power doesn't go out!!!! Ethan is afraid of them though, Aiden could sleep through anything!

Anonymous said...

Jaden is just like Aiden...he never stirs when bad weather strikes. Hopefully it will stay that way!

J