Friday, August 29, 2008

Start of School Year

The results of the poll were as follows:
The start of the school year makes me
Happy - 16%
Sad - 34%
Does not affect me - 50%
The results surprised me, I guess I didn't think so many people would be indifferent! I don't know if that is because I have a lot of readers that don't have children attending school, or if they don't mind one way or another if their children are in school for the day. Hmmm...I'm wondering.
Eva has another year before she starts preschool. We decided not to send her until next year simply because I am home with her and, with two parents as former teachers, she gets quite a bit of learning at home. School is starting in our neck of the woods, and I've thought a lot lately about this time next year. When I talk to Eva about school I REALLY play it up - telling her how much fun she is going to have and how much she is going to learn!!! She seems more and more excited about it, and I want her to be! I, on the other hand, will have a slightly broken heart the first time I have to drop her off at preschool. It's such a big step in her little life - and even if SHE is ready, her mama just wants to hold on to her a little bit longer.

No comments: