Sunday, September 28, 2008

His First Time Out...

Dearest Jaden, you must learn that hitting your sister - or anyone else for that matter- is not acceptable. After trying numerous things to teach you this lesson I finally decided it was time for your very first time out. I hope someday you understand that it broke Mommy's heart to see those tears streaming down your face, but lessons must be learned. I love you little man.

9 comments:

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Poor little man, maybe he'll be a baseball player... get it... hitter. I'm sure he learned a lesson

Stacey said...

Too cute Jamie, even in time out, he is SO CUTE! You are such a good momma!

Jami said...

Ok, I am very interested in the picture, Jamie. I know we do a lot for our blogs...so what I want to know is, who took the picture? Was Matt home or did you set the camera up so you could capture this moment?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the little lessons in life are harder on Daddy and Mommy than they are on our little ones... but Mr. Stone is making sure he lets Mommy know that he just doesn't like these little life lessons!!! I know those big alligator tears drop heavy on your heart, Jump!

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Hey Jami...Matt was home and snapped the picture. I didn't even know he was going to...but I'm glad he did. Miss you!

RosyRose said...

hey Jamie - fancy meeting you out here. Look at you the blissfully happy housewife. I know you were a great teacher so I am sure you are equally as great at home! When I came across you the other night I told Jason "I bet she's such a good mommy"! Malaina still talks about her year with you as being one of her fav's. Your little cuties are so sweet!
And you know what I remember when I used to just cringe at diciplining stuff...I don't know if it is just that I have grown callous or what but in most recent years at times I find myself video taping certain scenes. I tell Jason Someday I want them to see how much grief they put me through. Maybe when they are complaining about their own kids. "HMMM, wonder where they get that from???Wait I have a video tape to show you! That's right that's you"! :) I really do sympathize! It is not the Fun part of parenting! Just remember Long term, will he be better off? Yes! Keep up the great mothering!

Anonymous said...

When we were raising Matt, we did not have "time outs". Mary and I were blessed that usually our punishment consisted of sending him to his room and maybe an occasional "swat" on the behind which usually did the trick. We are proud of the way you and Matt are raising Eva & Jaden. I know if I would have been there, Grandpa Fisher would have had to have left the house, because my tears would have been more than Jaden's.
Love to all.

Kelli said...

Those times are hard. I had to put Caleb on a time out yesterday and he's only 20 months. Of course it didn't last long but he needed a moment to refocus!
Keep up the great work. Your kids are adorable.

Anonymous said...

I think Jaden needs hugs from Mama. Make sure he gets one and a big fat kiss. Oh, how hard it is, to punish little ones. Mama F