Saturday, September 20, 2008

Forever Friends

This past weekend I was able to spend some time with a very good friend of mine. Jami and I met in college and lived together for 2 years. We have remained in contact since college, although we don' t get together nearly enough. It was so nice to just sit and talk with her, and it was equally as fun to watch our children play together.

Jami and I have always had quite a bit in common and I think that is part of the reason why our friendship has sustained. In college we were known to our friends as "the Jami(e)'s" It was always kind of funny to see people's expressions when they realized, not only were we roommates, but our names were the same.

Then we would tell them that our middle names are actually the same too.

Oh ya, and our birthdays are 3 days apart.

Oh...and our husbands grew up literally 4 houses down from each other.

And our weddings were 2 weeks apart (and yes, we were in eachothers wedding)

If that isn't enough, our dad's have the same name too.

Pretty funny huh?!! I feel blessed to have friendships, like the one I have with Jami. The kind of friendships where, even if you haven't seen each other in quite some time, you can quickly catch up and start up right where you left off. Friendships, such as these, are just one of God's special gifts that I am soooooo very thankful for.

"Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, and the other gold."
--Girl Scout song (that I sang at age 8)

2 comments:

Jami said...

Awww, what a nice blog. I had a great time seeing you and your beautiful children. I feel blessed to have you as my friend. A true friendship withstands time and we sure have tested that! Let's not wait so long next time!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot in common. That's almost scary.