It is a sad fact that cancer has affected all of our lives in one way or another. I personally have lost an aunt and a friend to the disease. It was a horrible, horrible experience. I knew I had to do something to ensure others did not go through the same thing.
This fall I will be participating in the Breast Cancer 3 Day. I will spend 3 days walking 60 miles with other men and women on the same mission that I am - to END cancer. We will sleep in tents, endure aches and pains, and walk city through city - rain or shine - until we reach downtown Chicago. As a result millions of dollars will be raised towards the fight against breast cancer. I personally believe that if we can find a cure to one type of cancer (such as breast cancer) it will lead to a cure to all types of cancer. I walk for that reason. Too many lives are on the line NOT to walk.
The purpose of this blog post is simply to ask for your help. I must raise $2200 to participate in this event. At this time I am still working to meet my fundraising goals. If any of my fellow blog readers would be interested in donating to this wonderful cause on my behalf please go to www.the3day.org and click on "donate now". You will then be instructed on how to donate. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated!!!
I walk in memory of my Aunt Donna and Karen.
I walk in honor of my Aunt Barb.
I walk so my children will never have to.
3 comments:
I'm so proud of you, J!! You're my hero. I love you.
matt
Jamie you are so inspiring! Love and miss you bunches!!!
What an inspiring post! Hope to meet you in Chicago.
Post a Comment