Thursday, July 31, 2008

Florida Vacation - Part One

Hi All!! Like I said earlier, we had a wonderful time in Florida!! I am going to post this vacation in about 3 different posts - so stay tuned! I'll probably post one each day...I'm still catching up on stuff around the house!

I flew down by myself with both children and met Matt there (he was already there on a business trip). I love flying with children - it brings back the magic of flying! So often adults become consumed with the downsides of air travel...but children are just in awe of it. It was really special to be able to snuggle up with both of my munchkins on our flights. This was Eva's second time on a plane, but it was Jaden's first. Both loved it. After we landed we checked into the Polynesian Resort. We spent the next day at Disney World - such a special place! We had breakfast at Cinderella's castle with all of the princesses (a MUST do if your little one loves the princesses)! Eva thought that was nice, but she is not a big princess fan - she really wanted to meet Mickey Mouse!!! Needless to say, she was just speechless when she finally got to meet Mickey and give him a big hug! It was a priceless moment. Jaden, on the other hand was absolutely terrified of the characters. He wanted nothing to do with any of them (except the princesses...go figure)! That night we went to a luau at our resort. Both Eva and Jaden loved watching the dancers. The evening ended while watching the fireworks over Cinderella's castle. What a special experience! Enjoy the first set of pictures:

Eva enjoying the magic of flying in an airplane.
Both of my little angels sound asleep on the plane. Breakfast with the princesses!
The iconic Dumbo ride!
Finally meeting Mickey and Minnie!

I'll post more tomorrow!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those little darlings. Grandma and Grandpa Fisher are anxious to give them hugs and kisses. Glad they are feeling better.

Stacey said...

Fun Jamie! What great memories!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you had a good time. Post more Pics!

Mom of Double A said...

Love the picture with Mickey and Minnie! What a cute family!

I'm anxious to know about the breakfast with the princesses...we made reservations for our trip at the Princess Breakfast at Epcot. I'm so excited!
Let's have a Disney Day soon to talk all about your trip.

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Sounds great Jill!!!

Jamie