Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Coffee Mug


Do you and your spouse have things that you find funny or amusing that no one else would? Matt and I have a few of them. One of them is Matt's coffee mug. Matt has this uncanny ability to simply to pour himself a cup of coffee and then leave his cup (often half full) wherever he last visited. For some this would be a source of frustration, but I choose to see the brighter side of it. Quite often Matt will leave to go to work or out of town on a business trip. I know I won't be seeing him for awhile and it seems that after he has left I often will find his coffee mug somewhere in our home - often still with hot coffee in it. Sometimes in the closet, or the office, or even out on the back porch. I've found it in the garage before, and even sitting in my car. Matt has no clue that he left it sitting there...and he has no clue that it puts a smile on my face every time. It's just a little reminder that he is always with us, wherever he is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guilty....I admit. I never can remember where I left it!

I wonder if you think it will be funny when I'm 70 and I'm doing that with everything. "Honey, have you seen my teeth?"

I love you!
Matt

Stacey said...

Matt! I AM LAUGHING! Tommy and I say the same thing! I will be telling tommy in our 80's: "Put your teeth in dear, the kids are here!"

You guys are so cute! How fun to still find things so cute after all this time!

Anonymous said...

Jamie:
Whoever wrote that the apple doesn't fall .... knew what they were talking about. I have probably lost more coffee cups than I dare to imagine. Now I just but the disposable one's @ Speedway !
I don't get on very often, but do check now and again.
Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you reading my blog Jim!!! Have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't the little things that mean the most, it is so important to take a step back and enjoy the special little things in our lives. Its is so wonderful to have a friend who does this! You're the best! Love, Kim