Tuesday, July 8, 2008

White Wine Pasta


I made this for dinner last night and my family really enjoyed it (Jaden had 3 helpings)!. I've made it before, but this time I altered it to make it a little healthier. Like all good recipes, I didn't list the amounts of all of the ingredients because I just eyeball it and add the amount that will meet the tastes of my family (for example, I usually put quite a few artichoke hearts in it because they are healthy and my family like them). I would also suggest only using fresh herbs in it because they give it an awesome flavor!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!


White Wine Pasta:

1 pound spiral pasta (cooked al dente)
Sundried tomatoes (sliced)
Artichoke hearts
A few cloves of garlic
1 pd. Spicy pork sausage (I used turkey to make it leaner)
Shredded mozzarella
Fresh parsley (chopped)
Fresh Basil (chopped)
1/2 c. white wine
1 and 3/4 c. chix. broth
Olive Oil

Saute olive oil, artichoke hearts, and garlic for a few minutes. Push those ingredients to the outer edges of the pan and cook sausage in the center (breaking into little bits). After sausage is cooked add sundried tomatoes. Add cooked and drained pasta. Add wine, broth, and fresh herbs. Top with a little mozzarella cheese. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This looks like something my family would love too - thanks for posting the recipe!!

Stacey said...

Yum! looks so good! We love to cook with wine! :)